WARM UP – MOBILITY
3 min steady row: 1min @ 50-60-70% effort
Dynamic hip rotations/activations and pre-squat hip openers
Squat warm-up drills (Air squat + Empty barbell back squats)
5-7 min to warm up back squat,
Every 4 min x 3 sets: Back squat (or box squat) x 8-10 reps @3,1,X,2
– If you haven’t been doing any resistance training (weighs) over the past 2 months, then I’d suggest the box squat variant. Keep the weights light and technique and positioning your main focus. Suggested load is 45-55% of old 1RM, but mostly go by feel.
– 604 at home: Up the reps to 12-15 as needed if you only have a lighter object to hold on the front rack/goblet position
EMOM x 16 (4 rounds)
1) 10-12 Front rack step back lunges (keep it light and smooth)
2) 12-15 Step down box jumps
3) 60s Row at 70-80% effort
– 604 at home: Goblet step back lunges, tuck jumps i(f you don’t have something to jump up to), and sub the 1min row with a light sumo deadlift high pull, or other “cardio” movement of your choice.