WARM UP – MOBILITY
Dynamic shoulder + thoracic rotations
Banded activations and overhead / pec stretches
Review movements / scaling options and standards for WOD A
In 10 minutes:
1) Establish a max effort set of strict pull-ups & push-ups (either order rest as needed)
– do your best to get some “Rx” reps here if possible, but if you don’t have either then use a scaled variation that allows 5+ quality reps.
2) Then complete 3 more working/scaled sets of each strict pull-ups (5-7+) & push-ups (10-12+) or ~60-70% of your max sets.
– rest ~60s between sets.
Max unbroken set of strict pull-ups
Max reps of unbroken push-ups
In 10 minutes:
1) Establish a max effort parallette L-sit hold
(Rx: feet over 3 blue plates, scale to feet off the ground, tuck sit, or tuck off 2 boxes. Aim for at least 15-20s)
2) Play with handstand holds, and HS walks.
If you have both establish a max effort static hold and a max distance HS walk.
Scale to practicing balance against the wall, wall walks etc.
Max L-Sit Hold for time
Max static handstand hold
Max distance Handstand Walk
Rowing technique review then warm-up with 3 short intervals ~150m (increase pace each set – rest 60-90s (partner up and alternate)
Set of rowers up to 1,000m countdown and give it a full effort!
1,000 METER ROW
1,000 meter row for time
3-4 supersets: (21 reps unbroken)
7 Dumbbell hammer curls
7 Dumbbell shoulder press
7 Hang Clean & Press (push press if needed)
– rest 60s between sets