**As you are reading these rules, please understand that these are temporary. We are doing everything we can to ensure CrossFit 604 stays COVID free and if everyone can do their part to help us with that, we are eager to be able to return to many of the things that we were accustomed to before the shutdown.
- Classes will be capped at 14 athletes
- Class schedule will be modified to accommodate for cleaning between classes (15min gap)
- Each athlete will have a full lifting lane and use all their own equipment
- All equipment will remain in the taped off lane and will be cleaned in that lane
- There won’t be any lifting racks or extracurricular activities (homework / accessory etc.) happening in the gym during our re-open. We will evolve this as the provincial restrictions evolve.
- Onramps / PT’s will be limited to 1 per hour during class times
- Class Pre-reservation will be mandatory (PLEASE don’t show up to the gym without reserving, there will be NO walk-in registration ** Even for NON-sold out classes**)
- The coach will “check you in” when you arrive (no iPad at the front). This is why it’s mandatory to pre-reserve.
- Cancellation window will be moved to 2 hours prior to class time, please cancel with as much notice as possible to allow others to take the limited spots.
- As always there will be no-show penalties. 1-week reservation privileges suspended for a no-show (regardless of reason). If the reason is that you are feeling sick, then that won’t be an issue because it is required that you stay out of the gym for 2 weeks if you feel sick to ensure you are no COVID positive. **With class sizes at ½ the normal capacity it is extremely important to follow these rules.
- The cubby area will be closed, all personal belongings to be kept in your training lane along the outside edge of room. This will keep everyone contained in their lane and avoid unnecessary travel around the gym.
- Please bring your water bottle filled up already, and only utilize the bathrooms if necessary
- Please keep your Shirt or tank top on at all times in the gym (including during workouts).
- 2 people maximum within the bathroom at a time. Bathrooms will be used for toilet use only, showers will be closed, and the area will not be used for getting ready for work.
- Anyone who travels outside of Canada via ground or air as well as anybody who flies within Canada is NOT permitted in the gym until they have completed their 2 week quarantine. People who live with them must follow the same protocol to enter our gym.
- Hand sanitizers will be placed right outside of both bathroom doors. Please use hand sanitizer after using the bathroom.
- Please come dressed in your training clothes to avoid needing to spend time in the bathrooms
- Please only arrive 5 min before your class time. Doors will be locked until 5 min before. While waiting outside please respect social distancing with fellow classmates. A coach will come and open the door when it’s time to enter for class.
- Athletes will log their own scores on their phones later at home to avoid extra time & groups standing around the screens.
- At the end of class please sanitize all equipment you have touched (with the special disinfectant provided in each lane) and exit the gym within 5 min.
- The gym will be well taped out / marked with training areas, walkways & arrows to help everyone maintain their distance.
- The coaches will be maintaining safe distancing while coaching and rely on verbal cues / coaching.
- Between classes the equipment used will all be sanitized before the next group of athletes comes to train. If you wish you are also welcome to use the disinfectant to sanitize the specific items you intend to use for your workout.
- The floors & high touch surfaces will be cleaned very frequently to ensure the highest level of cleanliness.
- There will be hand sanitizer at the front door mandatory to please sanitize on the way in. And highly recommended to also sanitize on your way out.
- There will be a bucket with a bleach / water solution and a rag at each station these will be used to clean the equipment (these buckets will be filled fresh regularly)
- Before class registration opens there will be a digital copy of our COVID-19 release of Liability waiver in your account. Please be sure to login and sign that in advance so you are ready to reserve classes when they open 36hrs in advance.
- The coaches have full discretion to ask you to go home if you are displaying any symptoms of cold / flu while in the gym.
- We will not be able to provide communal chalk buckets, but do understand that chalk is extremely important for people while training so we will be selling chalk blocks in a Ziplock bag that you are welcome to purchase and then bring with you to train.
- We ask that you take your shoes home with you and bring them to the gym each day. No storing of shoes at the gym, to avoid unnecessary contact with other people’s shoes, and unnecessary congregating at the back of the gym.
This is a video to show you the flow of arriving & training at 604 starting June 1 2020. Please watch it, as there is relevant info that we need you to see.
Please remember that all of these steps are being made to keep COVID-19 out of our gym, and keep everyone training consistently to stay healthy, happy & maintain a balance in our lives that we have been sorely missing these past few months.
We appreciate your patience with us as we navigate all of these changes, and thank you for being along for this ride with us as we get back to training. We hope that a lot of these special provisions will be temporary and that we will be able to evolve back to normal when appropriate & safe to do so.
1. You will be able to train in 4 primetime classes per week to begin with and unlimited ono prime time classes. We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to get a regular gym routine back. We recognize that this may not be ideal for those of you who like to train daily, however that leads us to #2
2. We will be continuing with home workouts… We know that there are a number of people who are not ready to come back yet, and we want to support you while you are staying home. We will be posting (in the daily WOD page) the at-home version of the daily WOD. (this will be a great option for the members who want to do more than 4 WODS a week… hit an at home workout on the days that you don’t come to the gym). We won’t be continuing with Zoom Classes or daily video descriptions as our workload rolling into the gym opening will be full on. If you ever have any questions about any movements or info given please post in the Facebook group and we will be happy to help.
3. You have a new Waiver & Par-Q in your Zen Planner members profile, it’s highly recommended to login to your account in the next couple days and get that waiver signed in advance of wanting to register for a class, as classes may fill up quickly upon re-opening.
4. Class pre-registration will be mandatory for all classes. Please don’t come to the gym without a reservation, as a coach will NOT be able to register you (and there aren’t any iPad’s at the front to check in). Please take care of this in advance of heading to the gym.