CROSSFIT 604 COVID-19 PROCEDURES *** Updated Nov 8, 2020
Please ensure that you read this document in its entirety and by entering our facility you are agreeing to abide by and uphold all of the protocols (and any new evolving protocols as they become available).
**As you are reading these rules, please understand that we are doing everything we can to ensure CrossFit 604 stays COVID free and if everyone can do their part to help us with that.
- Please ensure that you do a COVID-19 self-assessment and are not coming to the gym if you are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms. Some possible symptoms are fever, sore throat, loss of appetite, chills, loss of sense of smell or taste, nausea and vomiting, cough or exacerbation of chronic cough, headache, muscle aches, shortness of breath, fatigue, runny nose or diarrhea. If you are feeling any of these stay at home and call 811 for more information.
- Additionally, if you have travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days or are in close contact with someone who has had a positive COVID test you must adhere to the updated government rules.
- Athletes and Coaches must all abide by these procedures above to ensure no one is entering the facility sick.
- The coaches have full discretion to ask you to go home if you are displaying any symptoms of cold / flu while in the gym.
- You must pre-reserve your spot in class, you will be turned away if you show up without a reservation.
- Cancellation window will be moved to 2 hours prior to class time, please cancel with as much notice as possible to allow others to take the limited spots.
- When you arrive at the gym please wait in a physically distanced line outside of the gym and wait for a coach to let you in.
- A coach will let you into the gym 5 min before you class start time
- Upon entering you must immediately sanitize your hands with one of the multiple sanitizing stations at the front reception.
- You will then walk in the designated walking lanes to the training cube of your choice. Please wait in your cube until the coach begins class and directs you on any further steps / equipment you may need.
- The coach will “check you in” when you arrive (no iPad at the front). This is why it’s mandatory to pre-reserve.
- Athletes will log their own scores on their phones later at home to avoid extra time & groups standing around the screens.
- Throughout the hour you may need to leave your cube, when you do this please ensure you are traveling via the walking paths designated, never walk through someone else’s cube and maintain social distancing at all times.
- Please bring your water bottle filled up already, and only utilize the bathrooms if necessary
- 2 people maximum within the bathroom at a time. Bathrooms will be used for toilet use only, showers will be closed, and the area will not be used for getting ready for work.
- If you are picking out your equipment, please ensure you are waiting for your turn and leaving a minimum of 2m or 6ft between you and the person ahead of you in line.
- At the end of your workout please ensure you sanitize / wipe down all of the equipment you touched during your class. There are buckets around the gym with a Sanitizer & Water mixture and multiple rags available for cleaning.
- On your way out the door please either wash your hands with soap in the bathroom and / or hand sanitize
- At all times you must remain physically distant from all other athletes and coaches in the gym. There are NO exceptions (not for family or “Bubble” we have the space and equipment to have everyone in their own space and we want to be 100% clear at all times)
- Our training area is 5800 Square Feet
- All classes will be capped at 24 athletes. This will include any Private Training or Onramps.
- We have 24 properly spaced cubes (marked by a clear duct tape line around the perimeter). These cubes are larger than required they are each 10 feet x 9 feet to ensure you have ample training space and can always adhere to physical distancing protocols
- Programming of class workouts will be modified to ensure that athletes never cross lanes or share equipment. Everything will be single person usage only.
- Class schedule will be modified to accommodate for cleaning between classes (15min gap)
- You will need to exit the gym by 5 min after your class ending, this will allow for all athletes to leave before any new athletes are admitted and completely remove any crossover.
- Please ensure that even outside of the gym you are maintaining proper distance.
- There won’t be any lifting racks or extracurricular activities (homework / accessory etc.) happening in the gym
- The coaches will be maintaining safe distancing while coaching and rely on verbal cues / coaching.
- The floors & high touch surfaces will be cleaned daily to ensure the highest level of cleanliness & sanitization.
- Unless there are extreme temperatures the front and back doors will remain open and 2 large industrial fans will be exchanging fresh air constantly. In addition to this we have 2 x 5 tonne HVAC units that will also run continuously to always ensure fresh air is being exchanged.
- We will not be able to provide communal chalk buckets but do understand that chalk is extremely important for people while training so we will be selling chalk blocks in a Ziplock bag that you are welcome to purchase and then bring with you to train.
- Masks are required everywhere except in your training cube. This includes outside while you are waiting to get in. No mask, no entry.
- High intensity class workouts will be suspended until further notice. Our program will focus on strength, skill, body building etc until we are permitted to resume our regular programming.
Please remember that all of these steps are being made to keep COVID-19 out of our gym, and keep everyone training consistently to stay healthy, happy & maintain a balance in our lives.