DATE – Wednesday Aug 20th
Warm-up: “Scapjacked” activation/skipping practice – alternate with partner. (10min max)
Mobility: Partner dowel overhead + extension stretches (60s each)
WOD A) Every 90s x 10 sets (15 min)
1 Push press + 1 Split Jerk
– Start at a moderate weight and increase to a heavy set.
– Hold the receiving position of the jerk for 2-3 seconds before recovery
– Attempt to work up to a 1 RM Push Press then hit the Jerk at that weight.
– Aim for a 5-10% increase in load used 2 weeks ago (no push jerk this week).
WOD B) For time: 10 down to 1 reps of:
Strict pull-ups (either grip permitted)
Ring Dips (sub bar dips)
– If you do not have strict pull-ups complete 5,5,4,4,3,3,2,2,1,1 for your sets doing a jumping pull-up with a 3-4s controlled negative each rep. If you can not control your self down, then complete full volume ring rows.
– Banded dips at full volume ok.
– If you can’t comfortably kick up to a handstand, just do roll to candlestick