DATE – Friday April 4th
Warm-up: Dynamic warm-up + hip/glute activators (banded side steps and front/back)
Mobility: Pre-squat hip opener w/ foot on bench or box
WOD A1) If Tuesday’s session was missed:
Testing: In 25 min establish a new 1RM Front Squat
– Build slowly over the first 10-12 min (10, 7, 5, 3, 2 @ 50-85%)
– Then attempt 4-5 heavy singles in the 90-105% (or higher based on feel) resting 2-3 min between attempts as needed.
– Use spotters on heavy single attempts as needed.
WOD A2) If Tuesday’s session was attended:
Warm up then – Every 2min x 8 – Back Squat x 3 (@ 3,2,X,1)
– Focus on perfect tempo and positioning over maximal weight lifted. Keep loads at roughly 60-70% of 1RM.
– 3s controlled down in to a 2s pause at or just below parallel (not in the hole). A small bounce may be used after the pause to drive the weight back up.
– If your chest is dropping at the bottom or on the way back up, lower the weight.
WOD B) 10 min AMRAP:
10 Toes to bar
10 Overhead walking lunge (45/25)
10 Hand release push-ups