WARM UP – MOBILITY
Dynamic joint warm-up and full body stretch (hip, hamstring, squat, thoracic, overhead etc.)
Power snatch, snatch balance, squat snatch technique & warm-ups
Every 90s x 10 sets:
Power snatch, Snatch balance, Squat snatch
– start light and build slowly as technique and positioning allows in each movement.
– athletes newer to lifting, take both snatches from the hang position
POWER SNATCH, SNATCH BALANCE, SNATCH
Complete 1 power snatch, lower the bar to behind the neck and perform 1 snatch balance. Drop/lower the bar and within 5-7s perform 1 full snatch.
Every 90s x 8 sets: (4 sets each alternating)
1) 1 halting snatch deadlift + 2 snatch pulls (85+% of max snatch)
2) 3 BTN snatch grip push press + 3 overhead squats (build as needed)
Partner up with someone of similar strength to share 2 barbells, or get out a second bar on the rack as needed.
1 HALTING SNATCH DEADLIFT (HIP) + 2 SNATCH PULLS
Pause mid shin, above the knee, then stop at the high hang/hip position, return to the floor and complete 2 x snatch pulls.
3 BTN SNATCH GRIP PUSH PRESS + 3 OVERHEAD SQUATS
15-20 GHD sit-ups (or weighted sit-ups)
25-30 Band pull aparts
– rest 90s between rounds –