WARM UP – MOBILITY
Dynamic lower body warm-up and stretch:
– Leg swings, hip circles, Sampson lunges, mt. climbers, Iron crosses etc.
– 10/side Active pigeon pose (w/10s hold on last rep)
– 10/side Single leg good mornings (w/10s hold on last rep)
Every 3 min x 6: (3 supersets of each, alternating)
1) 6-8/leg Bulgarian Split squats @4,0,1,1 + 12-15 Jumping squats
– SS: can be loaded anyway (goblet or farmers) or bodyweight
– Jumping squats at BW
2) 6-8/leg Single leg Romanian deadlifts @4,0,1,1 + 20-25 good mornings
– SLRDL: single load opposite hand from working leg (KB or DB) or hold weighted bag with both hands,
– Good mornings: banded, loaded (upper back), or back pack
Option 1: Complete 5-7 rounds at a consistent effort: (20-28min)
Run 3 min (medium-hard / sustainable pace)
walk / rest 1 min
(or this could be completed on any cardio machine of your choosing)
3 km for time
– rest 5 min –
3km for time
Try to maintain a pace below your 5km.
Use a GPS app such as Strava to track your distance and pace.
Post your 2 combined times to Zen Planner.
3KM RUN X 2
– Rest 5 min –
– record combined times (and note your 2 separate times)