DATE – Tuesday Aug 2nd
Warm-up: Quick dynamic lengths, then:
2 rounds of:
10 x Med ball squat cleans (30/20lb)
15 x Banded good mornings (Green or Black)
Mobility: Supine hamstring stretch w/ band: straight leg, bent knee towards shoulder, across the body, and adductor stretch 20-30s each.
WOD A) Every 90s x 10 sets (20 min total with warm-up)
Halting clean deadlift + Hang Clean + Clean
– Start at 55-60% of your 1 RM Clean and build slowly to a heavy set.
– 5 min to warm-up/set-up – coaches in this time tech newer athletes on the movements
– 2-3s pause just above the knee on the clean deadlift to ensure perfect position then return to that position for the hang clean
– Rest 5-10 seconds and ‘re-set’ between the hang clean and the full clean from the floor.
WOD B) 2013 CrossFit Games Regionals WOD
21-15-9 reps of:
Box jump (Games standard, with no rebounding!)
Adv: 275/185lb – 30/24”
Int: 225/155lb – 30/24”
Beg: 185/125lb – 24/20” or less as needed
– DO NOT let your form deteriorate on these deadlifts. Take your time and set up properly for every rep/set. Decrease load mid WOD if midline stability is being compromised. You should be able to comfortable perform 8-10 touch and go deadlifts with your chosen weight.
– Games standard box jump must be a two foot jump up and we must see full hip and knee extension standing in control on the box. Step down is preferred today and NO rebounding jumps!