Thursday, 13 April, 2017
WARM UP – MOBILITY
Big dynamic joint warm-up and stretch out.
Front squat + Clean warm-up drills and technique work
CLEAN X 3
4 min to warm-up to ~60% then:
Every 2 min x 8 sets:
3 x Squat Cleans (1.1.1. rest 5-7s between 3 quick singles))
Sets 1-3: Build from ~60-75%
Sets 4-8: ~75-80% across (pick a weight as stay with it for all 5 sets)
DEADLIFT X 8
Use the remainder of class time to complete 4 supersets of:
8 Deadlifts (60-65% of 1RM – heavy but smooth)
Reverse sled drag for 1 lap of the Rig (heavy but unbroken)
– Rest 2-3 min between rounds
– Groups of 3-4 athletes/sled, share barbells around the outside of the room as needed.
– Stagger the deadlift so that rest between the DL and sled drag in minimized.
3 rounds – rest as needed
30-40 x Banded good mornings
12-15 x Ab-wheel rollouts
Complete 8-12 intervals of:
45s hard (85-90% effort) / 45s easy (~50%)
– try to maintain a consistent pace across each interval
– Set up rower for “Interval time” and set rower 45 on / 45 rest so you can monitor pace/meters rowed each interval.